Monday, July 05, 2004

Slugger O'Tool

Mick Fealty's site Slugger O'Tool, looks at various strands of political aspects of life in Northern Ireland. Reading the extensive comments in some of the posts, such as this one on an Orange Order parade which went past a nationalist area, is fascinating.
I suggest drinking a few pints of Guinness while doing so as they can be a long read.

Liked this quote I saw in the comments by hurdy gurdy man

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
George Santayana
In the paralell universe that is Northern Ireland this maxim becomes inverted - it is those who cannot forget the past that are most wont to repeat it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My user nam is joe I have been posting on the RBB run by Fergus untill just now when I recieved an e-mail at my private e-mail adress that said "fuxxxng asxxxle" and then I find that my posting permission has been removed,Nick Kelly, Sudie, Trow, that site is not secure believe me slan. Is mise joe.